Cool off and wind down on these late summer days with the most refreshing little beverage. I don’t drink soda, but I find myself craving flavored bubbles often; especially when it’s hot. Making an herbal tea sparkler is a great way to get the calming and digestive benefits of herbal tea, with the punchy goodness of bubbly water.
Tea sparklers are an awesome mocktail option if you abstain from consuming alcohol but want to enjoy a fun drink! But they can also be used as a base for a refreshing herbal gin or vodka cocktail.
Making this tea sparkler takes only a handful of minutes. Place a sprinkle each of dried tulsi (holy basil), mint, and hibiscus into heat safe glassware. Boil water in a kettle and pour over the dried herbs and cover. Let brew for 3-5 minutes before stirring in a spoonful of honey. Pour seltzer into glasses over ice and leave two or three inches of room at the top. Strain the sweet herbal mixture into the glasses and enjoy right away. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime for an added buzz of flavor!
Tulsi, Hibiscus & Mint Herbal Tea Sparkler
Ingredients (serves 2)
- tulsi (dried)
- spearmint (dried)
- hibiscus (dried)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup water
- 24 ounces of seltzer
- Place about 2 tsp each of tulsi, spearmint and hibiscus into a heat safe glass batter bowl or other easy to pour container.
- Heat 1 cup of water until its very hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the water over the herbs and cover. Let sit for 3-5 minutes before stirring in raw honey.
- Pour seltzer into glasses over ice, leaving a few inches of room at the top.
- Strain the sweet herbal tea mixture into the glasses. Adding a squeeze of lemon or lime and more seltzer to fill the glass.
- Enjoy right away!
Side Note: Is bottled seltzer the most eco-friendly thing in the world? Short answer: no. But long answer is that there are things you can do to make it a little better! I like to buy seltzer in cans or bottles that I know are recyclable in our area! Another great option is using a soda stream or similar carbonation system to make your own seltzer!