Okay guys: stop what you’re doing. You’re going to want to make this tahini salad dressing recipe as soon as possible. I’m not kidding; it’s the perfect blend of lemon, tahini, vinegar, olive oil and spices. Plus it only takes about 3 minutes to whip it up!
The stars of this tahini salad dressing are tahini, off course, and my new favorite spice: smoked paprika. If you’re not a fan of smoky things, simply sub for regular paprika! Tahini is ground sesame seeds and is an incredibly versatile staple. Most commonly known for it’s use in hummus, it’s great in salad dressings, sauces, basked goods and more!
Recently I became motivated to start making my own dressings for a few reasons including the following:
- To use less waste. I saved the glass bottles from purchased dressings so that I could make my own and refill them. Anyone else a bottle hoarder?
- To save money. Dressings with quality ingredients tend to cost a lot more. Even organic dressings often use canola oil. I try to avoid canola oil as much as possible due to its instability.
- To get creative with flavors I truly enjoy. Why should I have to put myself in a box with the traditional dressing flavors? Ranch, I love you, but sometimes I need something new.
If you’ve never tried making your own dressings, I highly encourage giving it a try! The freshness and flavors are unparalleled by store-bought dressing. Tip: use one side of an electric hand mixer for easy emulsification!
Ready to give this recipe a try? Let’s do it!
Smoky Lemon Tahini Dressing
Elevate a simple spinach salad with this perfect blend of lemon, tahini, spices and olive oil.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or more as desired
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Whisk all the ingredients together in a batter bowl until emulsified.
Tip: use one side of the hand mixer to emulsify quicker.
Pour into a glass bottle or jar. Use with in one week.
If you make this tahini salad dressing, let me know what you think! Be sure to tag your creations on instagram @mindingmysoul! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, and be sure to subscribe so you get recipes like this one delivered straight to your inbox!
until next time!