Butter. Garlic. Wine. – Three things I don’t want to ever live without. Luckily, all three can be found in this indulgently delicious, yet veggie packed, recipe. I don’t tend to use the word indulgent in my recipe posts, because many associate that word with other words like heavy, rich, unhealthy, or bad. This recipe however, though none of those four latter words, does deserve a description as indulgent, because it is as delicious as a bowl of pasta from Italian restaurant. This has become a favorite recipe of ours for curling up on the couch and catching up on Netflix.
Where this differs from your average bowl of butter garlic noodles, is the fact that it wasn’t made with real noodles at all. Here in this recipe I used a 50/50 mix of veggie noodles and chickpea flour linguine. If you’d like to keep this even lower carb, you could certainly use all veggie noodles, but carbs are an important part of my lifestyle so I opt in for the noodles. Additionally, you could also use whole wheat or regular linguine rather than a gluten-free pasta. I used whole wheat linguine last time, and it was amazing. The world is your oyster! Use whatever pasta you prefer, or don’t use any at all.
I used grass-fed butter for this recipe, but I do believe it would come out just the same if you used ghee, clarified butter with the milk solids removed. Grass-fed butter is not a low fat food, but it does possess more nutrients than conventional butter. Butter can be a scary ingredient in our diet cultured world, but high-quality grass-fed butter is a very traditional food that generations have been using. I’m not advocating to cover everything you eat in butter, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with using it in moderation. In fact; its a much better choice than processed “low fat” spreads/cooking oils. Real food, people. Its all about real food. Plus who doesn’t love butter? Its the GOAT.
So if you’re looking for the perfect dish for a cozy night in, or for your next dinner party, keep on scrolling down for the recipe! If you give this a try, be sure to comment, share, and let me know what you think! If you make and post on Instagram, be sure to tag @ mindingmysoul so I can show the love!
Bye for now, friends!
Ingredients (for 2-4 servings):
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tbsp from jar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ~1/2 cup white wine
- 4 large carrots (I used a mix of purple and orange)
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 box linguine noodles (regular, whole wheat, or gluten free)
- sea salt and black pepper
- optional toppings: fresh ground pepper, crushed red pepper, parmesan, nutritional yeast, parsley
- Using a spiralizer, or peeler, turn the carrots, and zucchini into long spirals and/or ribbons. I used a spiralizer for the zucchini, but then used a veggie peeler to make long lengthwise ribbons out of the carrots.
- Cook your noodles according to package.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Add 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee, followed by the chopped shallots and garlic. Add a few dashes of sea salt and black pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Melt in 2 more tbsp of butter or ghee and continue to cook onion and garlic for 2 more minutes.
- Deglaze the skillet with ~1/2 cup white wine (I used a sauvignon blanc).
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the veggie noodles and toss them in the sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cooked linguine. Tossing to combine evenly.
- Divide into bowls and top with black pepper, crushed red pepper, sea salt, and/or parmesan cheese/nutritional yeast.