I’ve been on a serious salmon kick lately — I can’t get enough of it. Craving seafood can be a sign that your body needs some extra omega-3’s, which are super important to your skin, and your hormonal regulation. Each week I’ve been buying a pound of sustainably sourced, wild caught salmon, and roasting it in the oven for my lunches. I don’t ever make salmon for dinner; though Corey has tried to like it on several occasions, he just doesn’t care for it. Its not for everyone! If you do love salmon, I urge you to give this recipe a try. Super simple, and crazy delicious. I used fresh herbs, lemon and whole garlic. I’ve really been into using fresh herbs for cooking. They-re so fragrant and (bonus) they pack different medicinal properties. I’ve also been throwing fresh garlic into everything possible. Garlic is a powerful liver detoxifier which also helps with skin, immunity, and clearance of excess estrogens.
See below for a recipe thats equal parts simple, delicious, and pretty to look at! Hope you enjoy!
Garlic and Herb Roasted Salmon
- 1 lb salmon (2 medium-large filets)
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- fresh dill
- fresh rosemary
- olive oil, or other oil of choice
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place salmon in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- rub sliced garlic over the salmon then rest it on top of the filet.
- Squeeze lemon juice from one slice onto salmon.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Lay fresh herbs and 2 lemon slices over top of the fish.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes (fish should flake easily when done)