Nothing screams “holiday season” to me as much as peppermint and chocolate flavored things. Peppermint hot chocolate is my jam in December, and I do treat myself to a peppermint mocha from Starbucks at least once during the season. Today I set out to create an energy ball with the chocolate-y and mint-y goodness of a peppermint mocha. I whipped these up in about 10 minutes and boy, they are DELICIOUS. The mixture tastes like straight up brownie batter, and I undoubtably ate 2 servings worth of the batter before they were even rolled up into the snack size bites. If you’re all about the fat/energy ball trend: You. Must. Make. These. Fat is such an essential source of fuel for the body, and is important for proper hormone balance in females! High fat snacks also keep you full and feeling satisfied, which in turn equals well functioning hunger cues.
If you do give this recipe a try, snap a pic and show it off on Instagram! You can tag me too, if you’d like: @mindingmysoul.
Peppermint Mocha Energy Balls
- 6 dates (presoaked in warm water for at least an hour)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- In a food processor, pulse the soaked dates until they begin forming a paste.
- Add maple syrup, nuts, peanut butter, and coconut butter, then pulse.
- Add almond milk, and run the processor until the ingredients become smooth.
- Add cacao powder and peppermint extract, and blend well.
- Let chill in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into balls of preferred size.
- Optional: roll the ball in a crushed candy cane for some extra holiday zing!